If you’re a swimming teacher, aqua aerobic instructor or school teacher and looking for a qualification that will allow you to provide safety cover for swimming sessions, this is the qualification for you!
On the course, you’ll learn basic rescue, first aid and resuscitation skills. Holding a rescue/safety award such as this is also a pre-requisite for our swimming teaching qualifications, so this may be included with your swimming teaching course (ask your course organiser for more details).
How Will the Qualification Benefit You?
- Created by STA’s lifesaving experts, providing you with quality training
- Training is in accordance with HSE publication Managing Health and Safety in Swimming Pools and British Standard BS EN 15288 Part 2, Safety Requirements for Operations
- Regulated by Ofqual and Qualifications Wales
- Will give you the confidence and knowledge to deal with an emergency that may occur during swimming lessons.
When You Get Your Qualification
- It lasts for 2 years.
How to Take Your Qualification Further
The Safety Award for Teachers is the perfect qualification to accompany a swimming teaching qualification. It’s also a great stepping stone into the world of lifesaving, as you can take this course at 14 years old, then decide if you would like to take the plunge and become a fully-qualified Pool Lifeguard or fitness instructor!
Interested? Before You Get Started…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 14 years of age
- Be able to swim 25 metres
- Learners who cannot swim 25 metres must be capable of wading, and effecting a rescue, in a pool with a depth no greater than chest height
- Be able to surface dive and recover an object from the deepest part of the pool