The STA Award in Swimming Teaching is the perfect step to begin your exciting career as a swimming teacher and with no previous experience required, you can get started right away.
How Will the Qualification Benefit You?
- Created by STA’s aquatic experts, providing you with quality training
- Regulated by Ofqual and Qualifications Wales, and accredited by SQA Accreditation in Scotland
- Endorsed by CIMSPA, industry leaders in sport and physical activity
- Recognised internationally, allowing you to take your swimming teaching career around the world
- Develop the skills and knowledge required to teach your very own class of 10 learners, from beginner through to intermediate (children and adults) independently.
When You Get Your Qualification
- You’ll be trained to deliver up to the Goldfish stage of STA’s progressive International Learn to Swim Programme
- Access free online support and resources, including ticksheets and lesson plans, which are very useful to new and experienced teachers
- Receive advice and guidance from the STA team who will support you throughout your swimming teaching journey.
To remain as an STA-approved swimming teacher, and to receive the benefit of STA public liability insurance, you’ll be required to:
- Remain in membership of STA
- Keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date with regular CPDs
- Regularly update your DBS check
How to Take Your Swimming Teaching Career Further
Once qualified, why not take the opportunity to support larger or advanced classes by working as an assistant to a teacher qualified with our STA Certificate in Swimming Teaching? This is a fantastic way to progress on your teaching pathway to achieve the STA Certificate in Swimming Teaching yourself, with experience of additional skills.
Interested? Before You Get Started…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Hold current membership of STA
- Hold the Safety Award for Teachers qualification or acceptable equivalent (this may be included with your course; ask your course organiser for more details)
- Hold the Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults online learning certificate or acceptable equivalent