If you’re a nursery nurse or childminder where being first aid qualified is a legal requirement of your job, or you’re just a parent or carer who simply wants peace of mind – the two-day Paediatric First Aid Award qualification is perfect for you.
The qualification is the most comprehensive of our paediatric first aid qualifications, and on the course you will learn how to deal with a wide range of first aid situations within an early years setting including: managing an unresponsive casualty, paediatric CPR, AED, choking, shock, bleeding and wounds, meningitis, hypothermia and heatstroke and anaphylaxis.
How Will the Qualification Benefit You?
- Created by STA’s first aid experts, providing you with quality training
- Regulated by Ofqual and Accredited by SQA Accreditation
- Training is in accordance with the Department of Education Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework
- Endorsed by CIMSPA, industry leaders in sport and physical activity
- Will give you the knowledge and confidence to deal with emergency situations, potentially saving a child’s life
- It is useful for those working with children, such as nursery staff and those working in primary schools who are required to hold a relevant first aid qualification
- When applying for jobs in the childcare sector, already holding a paediatric first aid qualification will not only give you more confidence, but also looks great to potential employers.
When You Get Your Qualification
- It lasts for three years
- Your course manual will act as a guide throughout the duration of your qualification, so it’s always there to refer back to should you ever need it.
How to Take Your Qualification Further
If you’re a parent or you work in the childcare sector, and you enjoy being able to help people with your paediatric first aid qualification, you may consider completing some more of our first aid qualifications to broaden your skill set, or even a career in paediatric nursing.
Interested? Before You Get Started…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be capable of kneeling on the floor to deliver CPR