With the mermaid and mono fin swimming trend gaining momentum in the aquatic world, why not extend your aquatic offering and add something exciting to your lessons?
STA’s Award in Aquatic Teaching – Mermaid and Mono Fin Swimming, created in partnership with Mermaids UK, is the industry’s first regulated qualification driving best practice and standards, so you have the skills needed to deliver these sessions in a safe, controlled environment.
How Will the Qualification Benefit You?
- Created by STA’s aquatic experts and partner MermaidsUK, providing you with high quality training
- Regulated by Ofqual
- Recognised internationally, allowing you to enhance your teaching career and the sessions you deliver around the world
- Capitalise on this popular swimming activity
- Develops the vocational skills and technical knowledge of a qualified swimming teacher, by allowing them to deliver mermaid and mono fin swimming.
When You Get Your Qualification
- You’ll be qualified to deliver Mermaid and Mono Fin Swimming sessions
- Access support from Mermaids UK
- Your course resource manual will act as a guide throughout your mermaid and mono fin journey – always there, to refer back to, should you ever need it
- Receive advice and guidance from the STA team who will support you throughout your mermaid and mono fin swimming journey.
To remain as an STA approved Mermaid and Mono Fin instructor, and to receive the benefit of STA public liability insurance, you’ll be required to:
- Remain in membership of STA
- Keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date with regular CPDs
- Regularly update your DBS check
How to Take Your Teaching Career Further
Once qualified, expand your teaching portfolio by teaching those with disabilities or baby and pre-school participants with our People with Disabilities and Baby and Pre-School Award qualifications. You can also enhance your knowledge further and maintain your occupational competency by exploring STA’s broad range of online learning CPDs.
Interested? Before You Get Started…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Hold current membership of STA
- Hold the STA Level 2 Award in Teaching Swimming qualification or acceptable equivalent (please note the Swim England Level 1 Award in Aquatic Teaching is not an acceptable pre-requisite)
Learners must have all pre-requisites in place before the start of the course. Qualification certificates cannot be issued if all pre-requisites are not met before the start of the course, post course submissions will not be accepted.