As previously mentioned, a new online system named Synergy is being introduced to provide ATC personnel with essential functionality to support the management of their approved training centre and its quality assurance activities.
Access to Synergy will be made available to all Safety Training Awards ATCs on Monday 12th November 2018, with login details being distributed by email on this day to all centre co-ordinators and administrators registered with an ATC.
Features available on Synergy for centre personnel include:
- A centralised place to store and update ATC information and administrative documents
- Communication tools for ATCs to connect with their centre administrators, and for Safety Training Awards to keep ATCs up-to-date with the latest information more easily
- The ability to interact with Safety Training Awards by submitting policy forms electronically, such as tutor agreements, reasonable adjustment requests, conflict of interest disclosures and more
- Capabilities to perform and interact electronically with all quality assurance tasks for an ATC, such as IQA activities and EQA monitoring
- A document library for ATCs to keep their centre personnel up-to-date with the latest information and resources
- Access to information about Safety Training Awards’ qualification portfolio, including qualification specifications, documents and other resources
- The ability to manage an ATC’s sites, tutors, assessors and users of the system
- Access to view the risk and compliance status of your ATC.
STA Online will continue to be Safety Training Awards’ platform for the registration and certification of courses and qualifications, albeit with certain changes being made to support the introduction of Synergy:
- Centre co-ordinators and administrators will no longer be able to add new sites, tutors or assessors to an ATC through STA Online with these functions being migrated to Synergy—Safety Training Awards will undertake all appropriate checks required for these actions
- Direct claim status (DCS) checking will continue to be performed in line with Safety Training Awards’ governance, however sanctions for registration and certification will now be implemented and managed on a per-qualification basis.
A full overview of Synergy, including guidance documents and other support resources, will be made available to ATCs prior to its launch date. As always, if you have any questions or require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.