Safety Training Awards is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all, ensuring that the qualifications we offer are inclusive and accessible to learners.
All who represent Safety Training Awards are responsible for implementation of this policy. We believe that all members and learners have the right to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation. We will not tolerate unfair treatment or unlawful discrimination, whether intentional or unintentional, direct, or indirect.
Safety Training Awards is committed to The Equality Act 2010 by taking positive action to:
- Comply with current legislative requirements and monitor that this is adhered to
- Develop qualifications, support services and products which take into consideration the needs of all learners and do not unnecessarily discriminate against any individual or group
- Promote fair access to qualifications, minimising any barriers to access or assessment by implementing reasonable adjustments and special considerations policies
- Ensure that learning opportunities and fair assessment is open to all who will benefit without compromising the integrity of qualifications
- Ensure content and language of all written content, including assessment materials and programmes are non-discriminatory and free from any bias or stereotypical wording
- Monitor our qualifications, entry requirements and assessments to identify barriers to access or achievement, and remove or minimise unnecessary barriers or bias which could impact on individuals or groups.
Safety Training Awards shall implement this policy through:
- Ensuring staff, members and learners have access to this information to assist them in planning, putting in to practice and monitoring their rights and responsibilities under this policy
- Providing support and relevant training/updates for all staff, members and learners and revising any policy or practice that could disadvantage individuals or groups
- Provision of regular CPD/updates for staff, members, and learners
- Ensuring all staff, members and learners know how to offer feedback and register complaints
- Effective complaints procedures which will be used to resolve complaints of discrimination with a full and prompt consideration under this policy, breaches of this policy will be dealt with through Safety Training Awards complaints procedures.
Monitoring and Review
This policy and its procedures will be reviewed regularly for improvements as part of our quality assurance requirements. This will ensure it is fit for purpose, reflects the services we deliver to our customers and that we provide services which are relevant to the requirements of individual needs. Regular reviews will ensure that we are adhering to our quality policy statement.
Contacting Safety Training Awards
Last Updated: 2nd October 2017