First in a series of CPDs from Straight-Line Swimming, which has been created by double open water 10 km world champion and silver Olympic medallist Keri-anne Payne and triple Olympian David Carry to help swimming teachers and coaches improve their knowledge of coaching.
It offers a fresh new approach to the importance of breathing for front crawl in the pool or in an outdoor swimming environment.
This CPD is also endorsed by CIMSPA, industry leaders in sport and physical activity, for 1 developmental CPD point.
- CPD Value
- 1 Point
1 CIMSPA Developmental Point
- Validity of Programme
- This programme does not expire.
- Length of Programme
- Approximately 1 hour.
- Programme Information
- This programme covers:
- Why breathing is so important—the reasons behind why people often find breathing difficult, giving you an insight to what is going on in the brain
- Our SWIM coaching approach—explanation of our coaching approach and why it is the best way to improve performance
- The steps to efficient breathing—the detailed steps to assess and improve breathing performance for swimmers of any level:
- Part 1—The Fundamentals
- Part 2—First Timers
- Part 3—Swim Fitters
- Part 4—Time Chasers.
- Assessment Criteria
- This programme does not have an assessment.