Holding Train the Tutor status allows you to deliver the tutor course within your selected discipline, training and mentoring the next generation of STA Tutors.
In order to apply you will need to demonstrate you have been delivering and assessing courses in your chosen discipline, on a regular basis with STA over a minimum of a 5 year period. Please note, courses with any other organisations will not be considered.
As part of the application review process STA will examine and consider:
- Number of courses delivered and assessed
- Location and demand
- Learner course feedback
- IQA, tutor, and assessor feedback
- Moderation feedback for which applicant was a tutor and assessor
- Compliance and quality assurance information
- Peer feedback / reputation
- ATC status and compliance.
All applications must be submitted by 5pm on Monday 20th November, applications after this time will not be considered. STA will notify all applicants on whether they were successful or not by Wednesday 29th November. If successful, the 2024 remote STA Train the Tutor course will take place on Thursday 1st February 2024.