Following the Resuscitation Council updated 2021 guidelines, STA have updated the qualification resources manuals, qualification resources and where applicable, qualification assessment materials to reflect the new guidelines and industry standards.
The updated assessment papers will be distributed for all courses starting on and after Monday 15th November, therefore please ensure the updated resources are used after this date.
Qualifications effected by the update:
- STA Award in Pool Lifeguarding
- STA Award for Pool Emergency Responder
- STA Award in Safety Award for Teachers
- STA Award in First Aid at Work
- STA Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- STA Award in Paediatric First Aid
- STA Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- STA Award in Basic Life Support and Safe use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- STA Award in Basic Life Support and the Management of Anaphylaxis.
The updated qualification PowerPoints are available now within STA Online. To help tutors, STA have created a mini-PowerPoint which just contains the updated slides. This means tutors can simply add the updated slides into their established PowerPoint. A full version of PowerPoint is also available to download.
The updated e-manuals will be live within the STA Swim Shop from Wednesday 13th October 2021. Any hard copy manuals posted from today will contain the summary overview sheet.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.