Following the recent technical notices, Safety Training Awards (STA) would like to remind all Approved Training Centres that from today, Monday 6th September 2021, the theory components for the following qualifications are now assessed via Multiple- Choice Question Papers (MCQs).
The changes effect the following qualifications:
- STA Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- STA Award in First Aid at Work
- STA Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- STA Award in Paediatric First Aid
- STA Award for Pool Emergency Responder
- STA Award in Safe Moving and Handling
- STA Award in Fire Marshall Training.
The updated resources, available on STA Online, must be used, however, the resource manuals for the qualifications remain unaffected.
For further information on the MCQ assessment procedure please read, STA Multiple Choice Question Paper Assessment Guidance which can be found within the course resource section of STA Online.
As part of the assessment review the following qualifications from today, Monday 6th September only require a practical assessment:
- STA Award in Basic Life Support and Safe Use of an Automatic External Defibrillation
- STA Award in Basic Life Support and Management of Anaphylaxis.
Resources required for the course
What to do with the resources post-course
If you have any questions regarding these requirements or would like to deliver these qualifications, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.