Following updated medical guidelines, the following procedure has changed:
Cool the burn for at least 20 minutes under running water.
The updated procedure has been amended within the PowerPoint Presentations, learner portfolio (where applicable) including assessment questions and answers and qualification resource manual for the following qualifications:
- STA Award in Pool Lifeguarding
- STA Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- STA Award in First Aid at Work
- STA Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- STA Award in Paediatric First Aid.
There will be an errata sheet added to the STA Pool Lifeguard Resource Manual, the errata sheet is available to download from STA Online to allow ATCs to input this into their current stock.
- STA Emergency First Aid at Work version 10.00
- STA First Aid version 11.00
- STA Paediatric First Aid (including Emergency Paediatric First Aid) version 10.00.
The updated and rebranded portfolios will be sent out today and the updated PowerPoint presentations are available now on STA Online, allowing Approved Training Centre staff to familiarise themselves with the changes.
The new resources must be used from 13th April 2020.
All other resources can be downloaded from STA Online.
If you have any questions regarding these requirements or would like to deliver these qualifications, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.