If you’re a swimming teacher looking to extend the range of your lessons and teach learners of all abilities, the STA Certificate in Swimming Teaching has been created to help you do just that.
As an existing swimming teacher, you can expand your knowledge and expertise with new skills from strokes, survival and rescue skills, competitive starts and turns to advanced swimming with the STA Certificate in Swimming Teaching.
How Will the Qualification Benefit Your Swimming Teaching Career?
- Created by STA’s aquatic experts, providing you with quality training
- Regulated by Ofqual and Qualifications Wales, and accredited by SQA Accreditation in Scotland
- Endorsed by CIMSPA, industry leaders in sport and physical activity
- Teach the full range of the International Learn to Swim Programme independently, from beginners through to advanced improvers
- Teach more lessons with a variety of skills
- Retain existing learners by offering progressive lessons, extended skills and advanced awards
- Reach new learners at any swimming ability stage.
To remain as an STA-approved swimming teacher, and to receive the benefit of STA public liability insurance, you’ll be required to:
- Remain in membership of STA
- Keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date with regular CPDs
- Regularly update your DBS check
Go Further with Your Qualification
Continuing Professional Development
Enhance your skills further and keep your qualifications up-to-date by exploring STA’s CPDs. With a variety of specialisms from baby and pre-school to teaching adults, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
Gain Free CIMSPA Affiliate Membership
Benefit from 12 months free CIMSPA affiliate membership (usually costing £30) with access to a wide range of benefits from the professional development body when you qualify.
Interested? Before You Get Started…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Hold current membership of STA
- Hold the Safety Award for Teachers qualification or acceptable equivalent
- Hold the STA Award in Swimming Teaching qualification or acceptable equivalent (please note the ASA Level 1 Award in Aquatic Teaching is not an acceptable pre-requisite)
- Hold the Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults online learning certificate or acceptable equivalent