The law requires that employers must ensure that all employees are provided with adequate safety training at the time they are first employed and repeated periodically. Training should include suitable and sufficient instruction and training on the appropriate precautions and actions to be taken by the employee in order to safeguard themselves and other relevant persons on the premises.
- CPD Value
- Validity of Programme
- This programme is valid for 12 months.
- Length of Programme
- Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Programme Information
- This programme covers:
- Understand basic fire safety and what to do in the event of an emergency
- Understand the principles of fire risk control
- Understand the basics of practical fire safety
- Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
- Understand how fire spreads
- Understand how to raise the alarm
- Understand what to do in the event of a fire, including emergency evacuation procedures
- Be able to identify a range of portable fire extinguishers
- Assessment Criteria
- Complete a multiple-choice assessment at the end of the programme
Take This Programme Online
Log in to your STA Online account and select Programmes & CPDs to get started.
Don’t have an account? Click here to register.